I'm a stay at home mom to 2 wonderful boys! My son Ethan is 3yrs old, and my son Kaiden is 6 months, born August 19th, 2005. As any other stay at home mom knows, its a tough job!! And taking time to relax and write a blog entry and reflect on the day feels good!!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I wrote a poem for my forever baby

Happy Father's Day I said to your daddy,
here is your present.
I hope it makes you happy.
This is such a blessed event.
I love the look on your face,
confusion, shock, excitement, pure joy!
Then a warm embrace.
Will our baby be a girl or a boy?
We are both so happy to be a family of five,
to have our love overlow to my womb once more.
We both feel so much more alive.
We are having one more baby to love and adore!!!
So many hopes and dreams for our little one.
Will you be my birthday baby?
A boy, Liam Christian or a girl, Kathryn Dawn?
or a Valentines baby maybe?
I can't wait to be big and glowing,
to feel you move inside my belly.
To see Daddy's face as he watches me grow,
he loves prego belly's and he loves you so.
Wow, my belly is already starting to pop,
it feels so good to see you starting to make your appearance more known.
I can't wait to feel you flip and flop.
My how much you have already grown!
Everyday my belly your Daddy would rub.
We love you so much, more than you will know.
You are our sweet little bub.
You make us both glow!
Oh my!
Its the day of our appointment!
We are so excited to see your sweet little face!
Another blessed event.
Another sweet embrace.
Our hearts are racing.
How fast will yours be?
160, 148, 119?
This day means the world to us.
There you are, your sweet little self!
We can see your arms and legs
and your sweet little face.
Where is your heartbeat, It must be there somewhere!
You are to perfect and mine for your heart not to beat.
I know you must be fine, I am in prayer!
You look so sweet!
So peaceful and small.
I say to my Dr. "hes alive isnt he?"
no answer, I'm trying not to bawl.
Your Daddy is there, holding my hand tight.
Both thinking positive that you are alright.
Dr. Park measures you, you measure to the day that I am.
That means you must be okay, you are our little ham!
Dr. Park turns to me, eyes saddened,
he says "there is no heartbeat"
I start bawling, this can't be! you are my baby, you are so sweet!
But you are no longer alive inside my womb.
Where I was suppose to keep you safe and warm.
away from harm.
Our world is turned over, our baby has died.
how can this be? you were meant to be!!!
We have cried and cried, for our baby lost.
Please come back to me!!!
I miss you so much, my baby you are
forever more.
Forever ours, forever to love and mourn.
forever to cherish, forever to remember
those everyday moments.
With us for a short while,
but loved as much as humanly possible.
We can never express how much we love you
how much we miss you,
how much we think of you,
how much you are a part of everything we do.
Forever in our hearts,
we love you so much
Our very special forever baby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather, your poem is very beautiful. AGAIN, I am truly very sorry about your loss. AND my heart goes out to you and your family. HUGS sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather I'm just reading this now...I have not checked your blog on here in a long time...very beautiful poem that your wrote for Liam!

Blog Archive