I'm a stay at home mom to 2 wonderful boys! My son Ethan is 3yrs old, and my son Kaiden is 6 months, born August 19th, 2005. As any other stay at home mom knows, its a tough job!! And taking time to relax and write a blog entry and reflect on the day feels good!!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Fast Forward 2 Years

I cannot believe I have neglected my blog for so long!!! I even lost the web address.

Well 6 months after the loss of our sweet baby we found out we were expecting again, exactly 6 months later. The pregnancy went smooth and wonderful besides my worry of losing another baby, it was the easiest pregnancy I have had. I bought a doppler and got to hear the heartbeat every day. We were having another BOY :D and we couldnt be happier. At 37 weeks my Momma passed away from a stroke, it was and still is very heartbreaking. I had talked to her for 4 hrs that day on the computer and on the phone. I had just bought her plane ticket, she was going to come visit in 1 week and be there for the birth. we were both soooo excited. She couldnt wait to see her kids and grandkids again. She was the happiest she had been in a very long time, esp since my brother tommy was going to be there the very next day. but none of us got to see her alive again, I guess there were other plans. We all have some of her ashes in mini urns. I will never understand why god chose to call her home at that time. It just feels so cruel to take her right before she was about to see all of us again! He took such a wonderful and happy moment away from all of us.

Corbin was born 2 weeks later at 39 weeks 5 days weighing 8lbs 9.5ozs and 20 3/4 inches long. He has 2 gaurdian angels watching over him and all of us. It was such a blessing to have him here alive and healthy finally!! Labor was 5 hours long and I think I pushed 2 times.

When corbin was 2 months old he started having diarrhea. I was trying to tell myself it was from his cold that he had at the time. But the cold went away and the diarrhea continued. I tried remaining optimistic but it didnt matter. The diarrhea was there to haunt me and not going away. Finally after almost 2 months I brought him in and they ordered some tests that came back normal. so I figured it wasnt Pancreatic Insufficiency like kaiden has, he just has a sensitive tummy and will outgrow it. But his tummy pains were getting worse. I was barely getting any sleep, up every 1/2 hour a lot of times. Good nights were every 2 hrs. At some point the diarrhea actually got better but then he had constipation and went 6 days without pooping. I was trying everything. Prunes, karo syrup, suppositories, etc... nada!! so I brought him in and they said to give him 1-3ozs of pedialyte twice a day and that should get him regular again. And it did! But the diarrhea came back. Stool studies kept coming back normal though, yet he was quickly dropping on the charts. He got down to 10th percentile, he use to be in the 95th!!! They did a blood test at 10 months to test to see if his body was releasing the digestive enzymes, and it showed that amylase was really low, but the others were really high. So it looked exactly like what Kaiden has. So they started him on enzymes like Kaiden, which was working great, but he wasnt taking them with breastfeeding. I tried EVERYTHING and it was so difficult. His poop did get solid, so we figured we were on the right track, but then it went back to diarrhea! Ugggghhhh!! I knew I had to quit breastfeeding because he wasn't taking his enzymes properly and he was still having tummy pain so he was breastfeeding ALL night. When he was almost 17 months we quit breastfeeding cold turkey and started the enzymes religiously. His poop was actually formed stools!! The best solid poop he has ever had and we were so excited we finally figured it out. But after about 3 weeks, even though nothing had changed, the diarrhea started again!! Sigh...... So we had no idea what to do. Kept bringing him in and being told to continue the enzymes. They raised the enzymes but nothing seemed to be working. He was still having diarrhea for weeks at a time and some solid poop inbetween. They recently did more stool studies which came back normal. Ugh! He is 20 months now and they started him on zantac. He may have to much stomache acid which eats away at the enzymes before they work. I pray this fixes it!!! oh when he was around 1 they did a ultrasound of his pancreas and an upper GI barium swallow, both came back normal. If nothing works our next step is probably the endoscopy, colonoscopy, and pancreatic function test....

On to other news, Kaiden just graduated preschool! he will be in kindergarden!!! Gosh time flies! He is ALMOST on the growth chart!! The enzymes have been working great for him. He was taking 3 but a few weeks ago he started having trouble with bowel movements. He would sit on the toilet just crying but only squeezing out little strands. It was so sad to see, He would sit there for 30 minutes to an hour and a half just crying. It went on for days, I did a suppository (gross I know but as a mom you do what you gotta do!), and it didnt do anything, he wanted another one! Which shows just how much this was hurting him. I called his pediatric GI dr. who told me to get some stool studies done, and to double his enzymes for 3 days. so instead of 3 with every meal, do 6 with every meal. So I started that and it worked! He did a HUGE bowel movement, it was really dark and quite compacted looking. I used it for the stool study. The stool study showed elevated fecal fat, which meant he wasnt digesting his food all the way, so now he is on 4 enzymes with every meal and he is doing great again!!

Ethan just finished 2nd grade! I cannot believe he is going to be in 3rd grade!! Where has the time gone?? He did wonderful in 2nd grade. He was the best reader in his class, he read so good he was above their testing. They only tested up to reading level 3.9. So he was doing 4th grade reading most likely. His teacher had to order special books for him because all of the books she had were to easy for him and bored him. He is healthy! He is only in the 3rd percentile, but not because he has something wrong like kaiden and corbin, its just how he is growing. but he is in the 50th percentile for height.

Neils is finishing up his first year as a TEACHER!! He teaches Emotionally Disturbed kids and he is loving it so far. He gets alot of praise by all his aide's and by his principle at how good he is doing and that he is the best teacher they have had in a LONG time. He just has a real knack for these kids. I am really proud of him. This year he is FINALLY done with chico state, Whoooot! I am so done with him going to school! lol. He has one year of BTSA left but BTSA is pretty easy so its all good.

I starting doing photography abut a year and a half ago. For my 26th birthday Neils bought me a Canon Rebel xs 10.3 mp digital SLR. I practiced and practiced and have really grown but still have alot of improvement to work on. I got a little studio that has been wonderful. I got it for a WONDERFUL price. I am taking my photography pretty slow though because being a SAHM to my 3 boys comes first. My photograpy comes 2nd. I only do photoshoots on the weekends, and prefer to only do one shoot a week.

Well I think that wraps it up for now. I hope to remain active here!!!
Sorry I neglected you for so long!

No comments:

Blog Archive